    Hi all of you

    can anybody show me examples of C program that can calculate
    polynomial equations

    dmp, Sep 9, 2007

  2. dmp

    CBFalconer Guest

    dmp wrote:

    > can anybody show me examples of C program that can calculate
    > polynomial equations

    Yes, we can.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Sep 9, 2007

  3. dmp wrote:
    > Hi all of you
    >
    > can anybody show me examples of C program that can calculate
    > polynomial equations

    Have a look at the C programs in solver.zip at the link below. It
    is a student project. There is a bug in quartic.c which produces
    an incorrect result on certain inputs. If you can find it I'll
    buy you a beer.

    Richard

    http://members.shaw.ca/bystander/statsource.html

    Richard Weeks, Sep 9, 2007
  4. dmp

    osmium Guest

    "dmp" wrote:

    > can anybody show me examples of C program that can calculate
    > polynomial equations

    You might find something here. I think there used to be a copy you could
    browse online, which would be nicer, but this is the first thing I spotted
    that seemed to lead someplace useful.

    http://www.computer-books.us/c_4.php

    osmium, Sep 9, 2007
  5. dmp

    Kevin Handy Guest

    dmp wrote:
    > Hi all of you
    >
    > can anybody show me examples of C program that can calculate
    > polynomial equations

    Octave http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/
    Maxima http://maxima.sourceforge.net/download.shtml
    gnumeric http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/

    Should be a simple cut-and-paste to send to your teacher.

    Kevin Handy, Sep 10, 2007
  6. dmp

    user923005 Guest

    On Sep 9, 1:50 am, dmp <> wrote:
    > Hi all of you
    >
    > can anybody show me examples of C program that can calculate
    > polynomial equations

    You want news:sci.math.num-analysis

    Your question is very vague.
    Do you want to factor polynomials? Find the roots of polynomials?
    Evaluate polynomials? Integrate polynomials? Differentiate
    polynomials?

    Unless the question is clear, the answers will be murky.
    I suggest you reformulate your question exactly on news:sci.math.num-
    analysis

    user923005, Sep 10, 2007