    module>
    from ._ufuncs import *

    , Jul 1, 2013

  2. Robert Kern Guest

    On 2013-07-01 10:13, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to Python and trying to run a already written code. Can someone please explain the error below? And if possible, how do I resolve this?
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "c:\Project_1\regression_1.py", line 7, in <module>
    > from sklearn import metrics, cross_validation, linear_model
    > File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sklearn\metrics\__init__.py", line 31, in
    > <module>
    > from . import cluster
    > File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sklearn\metrics\cluster\__init__.py", line
    > 8, in <module>
    > from .supervised import adjusted_mutual_info_score
    > File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\sklearn\metrics\cluster\supervised.py", li
    > ne 19, in <module>
    > from .expected_mutual_info_fast import expected_mutual_information
    > File "expected_mutual_info_fast.pyx", line 10, in init sklearn.metrics.cluster
    > .expected_mutual_info_fast (sklearn\metrics\cluster\expected_mutual_info_fast.c:
    > 4886)
    > File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\__init__.py", line 529, in <
    > module>
    > from ._ufuncs import *
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

    This particular module incorporates FORTRAN subroutines. My guess is that
    whoever compiled your scipy binary did it in such a way that the FORTRAN
    standard library was being linked in as a DLL instead of statically. This DLL is
    not present on your system. Windows is trying to find it, but failing.

    How did you install scipy? If you used a prebuilt binary installer, can you
    please link to the exact one that you used?

    Try using depends.exe to find out what DLL it is looking for.

    http://www.dependencywalker.com/

    The file that you want to check in depends.exe:

    c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\_ufuncs.pyd

    --
    Robert Kern

    an underlying truth."
    -- Umberto Eco

    Robert Kern, Jul 1, 2013

  3. On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 02:13:50 -0700, prerit86 wrote:

    > I'm new to Python and trying to run a already written code. Can someone
    > please explain the error below? And if possible, how do I resolve this?

    > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

    You're missing the dll that provides some function that you're trying to
    use.

    --
    Denis McMahon,

    Denis McMahon, Jul 1, 2013