Need for Email Newsletter System

Discussion in 'HTML' started by AF, May 6, 2004.

  1. AF

    AF Guest

    Anyone know of any good email newssletter systems?

    Wjhat I need is something where a web visistor can

    1. sign up for a newsletter and pick one of several newsletters to
    receive and the option to receive text or html

    2. send them an email asking them to go to a web page to confirm
    their email address (or some other way to confirm their subscription)

    3. give me the email addresses for any particular newsletter and text
    or html combination so I can send out the newsletters

    4. allow me to prepare the newsletter as either txt or html (this may
    be a function more of my email editor than the system)

    5. give the subscriber an easy way to unsubscribe

    Thanks for any advice
    Cheers to everyone,

    Al

    http://www.discountdrivingschool.com

    AF, May 6, 2004

  2. AF

    Jeff Thies Guest

    > Wjhat I need is something where a web visistor can
    >
    > 1. sign up for a newsletter and pick one of several newsletters to
    > receive and the option to receive text or html
    >
    > 2. send them an email asking them to go to a web page to confirm
    > their email address (or some other way to confirm their subscription)
    >
    > 3. give me the email addresses for any particular newsletter and text
    > or html combination so I can send out the newsletters
    >
    > 4. allow me to prepare the newsletter as either txt or html (this may
    > be a function more of my email editor than the system)

    They don't really do that. Usually they just have a web page you can choose
    which newsletter. List serves work that way though.

    > 5. give the subscriber an easy way to unsubscribe

    I think they all do all of the above. That's pretty basic.

    Some have more options and some are just harder to set up. I've used a
    couple and have no preference. One way or another they all annoyed me.

    Ezine Director is about the most stripped down I've seen. It does have a
    free option if your mail list is a few hundred.

    Jeff

    Jeff Thies, May 6, 2004