need for help!

chailin_tay

do anyone have 3des - ecb mode, vhdl source code?
i had implement one but the output still not same as the expected
ciphertext.

Mike Treseler

do anyone have 3des - ecb mode, vhdl source code?
i had implement one but the output still not same as the expected
ciphertext.

I would run a sim, edit code and repeat until done.

-- Mike Treseler

tcl

so can you check for me (only DES) what the ciphertext for:-
key=0123456789ABCDEF
plaintext=0123456789ABCDEF ?

Allan Herriman

so can you check for me (only DES) what the ciphertext for:-
key=0123456789ABCDEF
plaintext=0123456789ABCDEF ?

Do you have a single DES mode? Get that working first, using some ecb
test vectors you can locate using Google.

would also be a good place to ask this question.

Regards,
Allan

Allan Herriman

Do you have a single DES mode? Get that working first, using some ecb
test vectors you can locate using Google.

news:sci.crypt would also be a good place to ask this question.

(Sorry, question was directed at the OP.)

Thomas Stanka

HI,

do anyone have 3des - ecb mode, vhdl source code?
i had implement one but the output still not same as the expected
ciphertext.

1. Your question is not complete. 3-DES-ECB could be with 1,2 or 3
keys, and eee or ede
(eee for 3 times encryption, ede for encrypt decrypt, encrypt).

2. Why not start testing normal DES mode? I would use one DES core up
to three times for 3des. Finding testdata for the normal DES-core is
easy with google.

3. Maybe you find some helpful code in
http://www.ra.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~stankats/VHDL/des/
which is a DES-core and was also used for 3des. The documentation is
unfortunately only in German available under
http://www.ra.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~stankats.

bye Thomas