    Any suggestion,
    and where can I find some, please.

    Thanks :)

    Mr. X., Jun 24, 2007

  2. Mr. X.

    Danno Guest

    On Jun 24, 3:31 pm, "Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I need free database for a simple product (freeware)
    >
    > I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
    > and if it is freeware.
    >
    > Any suggestion,
    > and where can I find some, please.
    >
    > Thanks :)

    You just need to create your mySQL tables with UTF-8 encoding.
    http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?103,6544,7446#msg-7446

    I am sure other databases will require the same.

    Danno, Jun 25, 2007

  3. Mr. X.

    JT Guest

    Mr. X. wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I need free database for a simple product (freeware)
    >
    > I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
    > and if it is freeware.
    >
    > Any suggestion,
    > and where can I find some, please.
    >
    > Thanks :)

    Oracle-XE (Universal) looks good.

    http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1144174

    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/htdocs/102xewinsoft.html

    http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/xe/index.html

    JT, Jun 25, 2007
  4. Mr. X.

    Christian Guest

    Mr. X. schrieb:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I need free database for a simple product (freeware)
    >
    > I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
    > and if it is freeware.
    >
    > Any suggestion,
    > and where can I find some, please.
    >
    > Thanks :)

    You could also take a look at HSQLDB ...
    its free and its implemented in java .. so its easily deployable with
    your program..

    http://www.hsqldb.org/

    Christian, Jun 25, 2007
  5. Mr. X.

    Lew Guest

    Mr. X. wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I need

    not to multi-post (send the same message /independently/ to multiple
    newgroups) because it fragments the thread and makes the responses harder to
    follow.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jun 29, 2007
  6. Mr. X.

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 00:31:47 +0300, "Mr. X."
    <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sqlvendors.html for your options.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Jun 29, 2007
  7. Mr. X. wrote:
    > I need free database for a simple product (freeware)
    >
    > I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
    > and if it is freeware.
    >
    > Any suggestion,
    > and where can I find some, please.

    MySQL support UTF-8 and therefore also Hebrew,

    MySQL and the MySQL JDBC driver is dual licensed with
    GPL licenses and commercial licens. It is free of charge
    via GPL licens, but whether you can use GPL is something
    you should investigate.

    An alternative would be HSQLDB http://hsqldb.org/ which
    is also free of charge and whose license is less
    demanding.

    Arne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Jul 4, 2007
  8. On 24 jun, 18:31, "Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I need free database for a simple product (freeware)
    >
    > I think MySql is fine, but I don't know if it is good for Hebrew,
    > and if it is freeware.
    >
    > Any suggestion,
    > and where can I find some, please.
    >
    > Thanks :)

    Hello

    I'm sure the MySql Community is the best option.
    MySql is free, is robst and largely explained through the network. You
    will always find the inforamtion you need.

    Thanks

    marcus.vinicius.lima, Jul 4, 2007