    indenting my anonymous inner classes with an extra 'tab' (4 spaces).

    Thanks in advance,

    Tivo Escobar
    Tivo Escobar, Sep 24, 2004

  2. Tivo Escobar

    bugbear Guest

    Tivo Escobar wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > anybody could recommend a good free java beautifier (code formatter,
    > pretty printer, etc.) other than Jalopy?
    >
    > I am about to run a beautifier over a 150,000 lines app and Jalopy
    > comes with a bizarre 'feature' that is really frustrating: it is
    > indenting my anonymous inner classes with an extra 'tab' (4 spaces).

    Jalopy is oth configurable and open source. You should
    be able to get it to do what you want.

    BugBear
    bugbear, Sep 24, 2004

  3. On 24 Sep 2004 08:11:24 -0700, (Tivo Escobar)
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >anybody could recommend a good free java beautifier (code formatter,
    >pretty printer, etc.) other than Jalopy?
    >
    >I am about to run a beautifier over a 150,000 lines app and Jalopy
    >comes with a bizarre 'feature' that is really frustrating: it is
    >indenting my anonymous inner classes with an extra 'tab' (4 spaces).
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >
    >Tivo Escobar

    Have you tried Jacobe?
    http://www.tiobe.com/jacobe.htm
    Frederic Banaszak, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Tivo Escobar

    jungi Guest

    Tivo Escobar wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > anybody could recommend a good free java beautifier (code formatter,
    > pretty printer, etc.) other than Jalopy?
    >
    > I am about to run a beautifier over a 150,000 lines app and Jalopy
    > comes with a bizarre 'feature' that is really frustrating: it is
    > indenting my anonymous inner classes with an extra 'tab' (4 spaces).
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Tivo Escobar

    http://beautyj.berlios.de/

    --jungi
    jungi, Sep 25, 2004
  5. Tivo Escobar

    steve Guest

    On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:11:24 +0800, Tivo Escobar wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Hi all,
    >
    > anybody could recommend a good free java beautifier (code formatter,
    > pretty printer, etc.) other than Jalopy?
    >
    > I am about to run a beautifier over a 150,000 lines app and Jalopy
    > comes with a bizarre 'feature' that is really frustrating: it is
    > indenting my anonymous inner classes with an extra 'tab' (4 spaces).
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Tivo Escobar

    go in and reconfigure the formatter., it is very simple!!
    steve, Sep 28, 2004
  6. Tivo Escobar

    Tivo Escobar Guest

    > go in and reconfigure the formatter., it is very simple!!

    yes, this was my first thought too. However, after studying deeply the
    configuration process of Jalopy, I could not find a way to make it
    indent my inner classes correctly. Please, if you know how, let me
    know!

    I also found a message from a year ago in the Jalopy forums saying it
    was not possible to make this configuration, what I found very
    amazing, since Jalopy´s configuration is really very complete. Also, I
    took a look at the sources, but did not have the time needed to
    understand it.

    Thanx to the others for the suggestions, but both Jacobe and BeautyJ
    aborted unexpectedly when I ran them over my code.

    Well, I think I will use Jalopy anyway and correct this issue by
    myself. Good look for me!

    Tivo Escobar

    Tivo Escobar, Sep 30, 2004
  7. Tivo Escobar

    LX-i Guest

    Tivo Escobar wrote:
    >>go in and reconfigure the formatter., it is very simple!!

    > yes, this was my first thought too. However, after studying deeply the
    > configuration process of Jalopy, I could not find a way to make it
    > indent my inner classes correctly. Please, if you know how, let me
    > know!
    >
    > I also found a message from a year ago in the Jalopy forums saying it
    > was not possible to make this configuration, what I found very
    > amazing, since Jalopy´s configuration is really very complete. Also, I
    > took a look at the sources, but did not have the time needed to
    > understand it.
    >
    > Thanx to the others for the suggestions, but both Jacobe and BeautyJ
    > aborted unexpectedly when I ran them over my code.
    >
    > Well, I think I will use Jalopy anyway and correct this issue by
    > myself. Good look for me!

    I just downloaded Arachnophilia - it's got a code beautifier, and it's
    free. Don't know if it'll work for your needs, but if it doesn't, all
    you've wasted is the download bandwidth. :)

    http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/index.html

    ~ / \ / ~ Live from Montgomery, AL! ~
    ~ / \/ o ~ ~
    ~ _____ / \ | ~ http://www.knology.net/~mopsmom/daniel ~
    ~ I do not read e-mail at the above address ~
    ~ Please see website if you wish to contact me privately ~
    ~ GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w$ ~
    ~ !O M-- V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e ~
    LX-i, Oct 1, 2004