Need good free beautifier other than Jalopy

Tivo Escobar

Hi all,

anybody could recommend a good free java beautifier (code formatter,
pretty printer, etc.) other than Jalopy?

I am about to run a beautifier over a 150,000 lines app and Jalopy
comes with a bizarre 'feature' that is really frustrating: it is
indenting my anonymous inner classes with an extra 'tab' (4 spaces).

Thanks in advance,

Tivo Escobar

bugbear

Tivo said:
Hi all,

anybody could recommend a good free java beautifier (code formatter,
pretty printer, etc.) other than Jalopy?

I am about to run a beautifier over a 150,000 lines app and Jalopy
comes with a bizarre 'feature' that is really frustrating: it is
indenting my anonymous inner classes with an extra 'tab' (4 spaces).

Jalopy is oth configurable and open source. You should
be able to get it to do what you want.

BugBear

Frederic Banaszak

Hi all,

anybody could recommend a good free java beautifier (code formatter,
pretty printer, etc.) other than Jalopy?

I am about to run a beautifier over a 150,000 lines app and Jalopy
comes with a bizarre 'feature' that is really frustrating: it is
indenting my anonymous inner classes with an extra 'tab' (4 spaces).

Thanks in advance,

Tivo Escobar

Have you tried Jacobe?
http://www.tiobe.com/jacobe.htm

jungi

Tivo said:
Hi all,

anybody could recommend a good free java beautifier (code formatter,
pretty printer, etc.) other than Jalopy?

I am about to run a beautifier over a 150,000 lines app and Jalopy
comes with a bizarre 'feature' that is really frustrating: it is
indenting my anonymous inner classes with an extra 'tab' (4 spaces).

Thanks in advance,

Tivo Escobar

http://beautyj.berlios.de/

--jungi

steve

Hi all,

anybody could recommend a good free java beautifier (code formatter,
pretty printer, etc.) other than Jalopy?

I am about to run a beautifier over a 150,000 lines app and Jalopy
comes with a bizarre 'feature' that is really frustrating: it is
indenting my anonymous inner classes with an extra 'tab' (4 spaces).

Thanks in advance,

Tivo Escobar

go in and reconfigure the formatter., it is very simple!!

Tivo Escobar

go in and reconfigure the formatter., it is very simple!!

yes, this was my first thought too. However, after studying deeply the
configuration process of Jalopy, I could not find a way to make it
indent my inner classes correctly. Please, if you know how, let me
know!

I also found a message from a year ago in the Jalopy forums saying it
was not possible to make this configuration, what I found very
amazing, since Jalopy´s configuration is really very complete. Also, I
took a look at the sources, but did not have the time needed to
understand it.

Thanx to the others for the suggestions, but both Jacobe and BeautyJ
aborted unexpectedly when I ran them over my code.

Well, I think I will use Jalopy anyway and correct this issue by
myself. Good look for me!

Tivo Escobar

LX-i

Tivo said:
yes, this was my first thought too. However, after studying deeply the
configuration process of Jalopy, I could not find a way to make it
indent my inner classes correctly. Please, if you know how, let me
know!

I also found a message from a year ago in the Jalopy forums saying it
was not possible to make this configuration, what I found very
amazing, since Jalopy´s configuration is really very complete. Also, I
took a look at the sources, but did not have the time needed to
understand it.

Thanx to the others for the suggestions, but both Jacobe and BeautyJ
aborted unexpectedly when I ran them over my code.

Well, I think I will use Jalopy anyway and correct this issue by
myself. Good look for me!

I just downloaded Arachnophilia - it's got a code beautifier, and it's
free. Don't know if it'll work for your needs, but if it doesn't, all
you've wasted is the download bandwidth. :)

http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/index.html

~ / \ / ~ Live from Montgomery, AL! ~
~ / /\ - | ~ (e-mail address removed) ~
~ _____ / \ | ~ http://www.knology.net/~mopsmom/daniel ~
~ I do not read e-mail at the above address ~
~ Please see website if you wish to contact me privately ~
~ GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w$ ~
~ !O M-- V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e ~