Need Grammar check for my website

Discussion in 'HTML' started by tsagoii, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. tsagoii

    tsagoii Guest

    Hi all,

    Thanks again for the help provided so far for my online resume that im
    working on.

    The section that remains no be checked are my porfolio content.

    Since im a French Native, my grammar in english may not be as strong as my
    french. I would appreciate if someone with good english grammar background
    could go over that section and tell me if there is obvious spelling errors
    or grammar errors.

    here is the link to the portfolio section. to view the content you need to
    click on one of the client link within the portfolio page.

    http://www.wide-awake.net/resume/php/folio.php

    Thank you and special thank to Matt and Erika to have helped me with the
    other section of my site.

    sincerely tsagoii

    tsagoii, Aug 31, 2003

  2. tsagoii wrote:

    > http://www.wide-awake.net/resume/php/folio.php

    "Here are some project" should be "Here are some projects".

    "more detailed info" should be "more detailed information" ("info" is too
    casual) or better "more information"

    On xp.php:
    "The need to learn PHP and MySQL came to me this year" sounds a bit
    clumsy. Better would be "This year I felt a need to learn PHP and MySQL".

    "The possibility are endless" should be "The possibilities are endless"
    (plural).

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Aug 31, 2003

  3. While the city slept, tsagoii <> feverishly typed:

    > Hi all,

    [...]
    > Since im a French Native, my grammar in english may not be as strong
    > as my french. I would appreciate if someone with good english grammar
    > background could go over that section and tell me if there is obvious
    > spelling errors or grammar errors.

    Again, on xp.php, I would suggest the following changes.

    "At the beginning of my career I was commissioned for basic work like
    corporate logo design, stationary, illustration and page layout. Over years
    of experience, I have had the chance to embark on more interesting projects;
    press kit, covers, packaging, posters and color separation."

    "At the beginning of my career I was commissioned for basic work, such as
    corporate logo design, stationary, illustration and page layout. After years
    of experience, I have had the chance to embark on more interesting projects;
    press kits, covers, packaging, posters and color separation."

    "For the past 3 years, all my work has been related to internet."

    "For the past 3 years, all my work has been related to the internet."

    or "For the past 3 years, I have concentrated on designing for the
    internet."

    "knowing HTML gave me even more control over my designs and how to integrate
    then into web format."

    "knowing HTML gave me even more control over my designs and how to integrate
    then into a web format."

    Hope that helps,
    Nige

    --
    Nigel Moss.

    "How strange the change from major to minor..."

    nice.guy.nige, Aug 31, 2003
  4. tsagoii

    SteW Guest

    tsagoii wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Thanks again for the help provided so far for my online resume that im
    > working on.
    >
    > The section that remains no be checked are my porfolio content.
    >
    > Since im a French Native, my grammar in english may not be as strong as my
    > french. I would appreciate if someone with good english grammar background
    > could go over that section and tell me if there is obvious spelling errors
    > or grammar errors.
    >
    > here is the link to the portfolio section. to view the content you need to
    > click on one of the client link within the portfolio page.
    >
    > http://www.wide-awake.net/resume/php/folio.php
    >
    > Thank you and special thank to Matt and Erika to have helped me with the
    > other section of my site.
    >
    > sincerely tsagoii

    Homepage:
    paragraph 3, sentence 1: missing full stop (period)

    "Please note that at any time reference can be provided upon request".
    - either "a reference can be provided", or preferably "references can be
    provided"

    Rearranging to "Please note that references can be provided upon request
    at any time" sounds more natural to me.

    1994 to 1996
    "Formation was based on creativity and design". Not quite sure what you
    mean here, perhaps "The syllabus was centred [centered - US] around
    creativity and design"

    "Learning the new technologies used in the media and publicity industry,
    without leaving behing old methods of creations"

    "behing" should be "behind"

    try: "It taught the new technologies used in the media and publicity
    industry, without ignoring traditional methods".

    "Covering the multiple possibility of projects. From corporate logo
    creations, annual repport, book cover, packaging to promotional materials"

    perhaps: "The course covered many aspects of art and design including
    corporate logo creations, annual reports, book covers, packaging and
    promotional materials."
    n.b. "repport" should be "report"

    Ste W

    SteW, Aug 31, 2003
  5. nice.guy.nige wrote:

    > "knowing HTML gave me even more control over my designs and how to integrate
    > then into web format."

    > "knowing HTML gave me even more control over my designs and how to integrate
    > then into a web format."

    Me thinks those are identical.

    them?

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Aug 31, 2003
  6. tsagoii

    SteW Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > nice.guy.nige wrote:
    >

    >>"knowing HTML gave me even more control over my designs and how to integrate
    >>then into web format."

    >>"knowing HTML gave me even more control over my designs and how to integrate
    >>then into a web format."

    > Me thinks those are identical.
    >
    > them?

    No, you missed a

    Ste W

    SteW, Sep 1, 2003
  7. tsagoii

    SteW Guest

    Correction to my previous reply:

    Toby A Inkster wrote:

    > nice.guy.nige wrote:
    >

    >>"knowing HTML gave me even more control over my designs and how to integrate
    >>then into web format."

    >>"knowing HTML gave me even more control over my designs and how to integrate
    >>then into a web format."

    > Me thinks those are identical.

    No, you missed a

    > them?

    agreed

    Ste W

    SteW, Sep 1, 2003
  8. tsagoii

    Mark Parnell Guest

    nice.guy.nige wrote:

    > corporate logo design, stationary, illustration and page layout. After

    years
    ^^^^^^^^^^

    That should be stationery (unless it's not going anywhere) :)

    --

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Sep 1, 2003
  9. tsagoii

    tsagoii Guest

    thank you for those observation, i shall go over them and make the
    appropriate adjustment.

    This is really appreciated,

    Tsagoii

    tsagoii, Sep 1, 2003
  10. While the city slept, Toby A Inkster <>
    feverishly typed:

    > nice.guy.nige wrote:
    >
    >> "knowing HTML gave me even more control over my designs and how to
    >> integrate then into web format."

    >> "knowing HTML gave me even more control over my designs and how to
    >> integrate then into a web format."

    > Me thinks those are identical.

    Subtle inclusion of the word 'a'.

    > them?

    Well spotted! OT, though of course, as the OP wanted grammar checking, not
    spelling! ;-)

    Cheers,
    Nige

    nice.guy.nige, Sep 1, 2003