Need gudance in using apache Torque

Discussion in 'Java' started by Anasuya Devi, Sep 19, 2013.

  1. Anasuya Devi

    Anasuya Devi Guest

    Anasuya Devi, Sep 19, 2013

  2. In article <>,
    Anasuya Devi <> wrote: [nothing at all].

    Apache Torque appears to generate object-relational classes from an XML
    schema describing the database.

    <http://db.apache.org/torque/torque-4.0/index.html>

    Have you looked at the wiki?

    <http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/>

    Having previously used Database Schema Definition Language (DBSDL) to
    ease the burden of schema documentation maintenance, Torque looks
    promising.

    <http://dbsdl.sourceforge.net/>

    --
    John B. Matthews
    trashgod at gmail dot com

    John B. Matthews, Sep 20, 2013

  3. Anasuya Devi

    Lew Guest

    John B. Matthews wrote:
    > Anasuya Devi wrote: [nothing at all].

    Anasuya, you should write a post in your post.

    > Apache Torque appears to generate object-relational classes from an XML
    > schema describing the database.

    It does do that, badly in my opinion. I used it on a project several years ago. Use JPA.

    > <http://db.apache.org/torque/torque-4.0/index.html>

    OP, you might consider the project documentation a suitable starting point for your
    research in the future.

    > Have you looked at the wiki?
    >
    > <http://wiki.apache.org/db-torque/>
    >
    > Having previously used Database Schema Definition Language (DBSDL) to
    > ease the burden of schema documentation maintenance, Torque looks
    > promising.
    >
    > <http://dbsdl.sourceforge.net/>

    It might have changed for the better in the years since I used it.

    I'd still stick with JPA.

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Sep 20, 2013