    Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to center the menu bar and
    remove the scroll bar?

    Thanks in advance.
    Andrew, Sep 25, 2006

  2. Andrew

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Andrew" <> wrote:

    > http://www.hvffl.com/dev/table2.html

    First thing is the banner is just way too big and wide and that
    will create design problems in itself.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 25, 2006

  3. Andrew

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    "Andrew" <> wrote:

    > Take a look at http://www.hvffl.com/dev/table2.html . The menu bar at
    > the top is not centered in Firefox or IE. In Firefox, the menu bar is
    > making the overall page size too large to the point where a horizontal
    > scroll bar appears at the bottom of the browser.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to center the menu bar and
    > remove the scroll bar?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    You can't centre via margin: auto; but there are other ways,
    sometimes, given a width, you can use margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;

    The pic text is not sharp, got the right dims on it?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 25, 2006
  4. On 2006-09-25, dorayme wrote:

    > You can't centre via margin: auto;

    Really? See: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/test.html>

    Author:
    Chris F.A. Johnson, Sep 25, 2006
  5. Andrew

    BootNic Guest

    > Andrew <> wrote:
    > Take a look at http://www.hvffl.com/dev/table2.html . The menu bar at
    > the top is not centered in Firefox or IE. In Firefox, the menu bar is
    > making the overall page size too large to the point where a horizontal
    > scroll bar appears at the bottom of the browser.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to center the menu bar and
    > remove the scroll bar?

    It appears that you have at least two body tags. Remove the extra body tag/s, remove
    the empty table set at 100%.

    Give your document a Doctype & validate your page/fix the errors.

    --
    BootNic Monday, September 25, 2006 12:31 AM

    "If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were
    worrying about one year ago today."
    *Rotarian*
    BootNic, Sep 25, 2006
  6. Andrew

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    "Chris F.A. Johnson" <> wrote:

    > On 2006-09-25, dorayme wrote:
    > >
    > > You can't centre via margin: auto;

    > Really? See: <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/test.html>

    You can centre via margin: auto;

    I could not once. But probably other factors were at work. But I
    condition easily.

    I will revisit a dissertation by DD on this issue. I recall an
    interesting phrase that went something along the lines of
    centering not being a trivial problem...

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Sep 25, 2006
  7. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    The banner at the top, unless it is sized incorrectly which is causing
    the menu bar to become off-center, is irrelevant. I threw that together
    very quickly and is not the final product. It will be replaced by a
    single image bar shortly.

    Andrew, Sep 25, 2006