Need Help Converting formatting tags embedded in entities to XSL:FO instructions

slberry

I have a client sending me XML where there are formatting tags
embedded in XML entities.... i.e.

&lt;I&gt;bold-italic&lt;/I&gt;&lt;/B&gt;"/>

I need to convert the entity to the proper XSL-FO syntax.

This is
<fo:inline font-weight="bold">
bold,
<fo:inline font-style="italic">
bold-italic
</fo:inline>
</fo:inline>

Please excuse me if there are slight syntactical errors, I don't have
a translator or renderor available to me at this moment in time.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated.

stace