Need Help Creating File Structures

tim.tadh

Hi

I am writing a program that allows a user to annotate text documents,
and later html, html variants, and PDF files. My program is able to
load multiple documents at once and creat linked anotations between
these documents. Therefore i want to create a custom system to save the
files. Ideally I want a project description file that gives the program
all the neccessary information to build the project when loaded, the
document files, and the annotations for the documents. Each document
should have its own annotation file. Finally I wanted to put it all in
a compressed archive so all the end user has to do is click on the
file, and does not have to worry about the annotation files and so
forth.

However I have no experience doing this, and was wondering what the
best way to do this would be.

Cheers

Tim Henderson