Need help designing a way to flip through articles

Guest

I've been given several articles that include text and a picture that I need
to place into a web control. This web control will be displayed on a news
page. I only want to display one article at a time. At the bottom of each
article I need to have a previous button (if applicable) and a next button.
Also, I don't want to always display the same article every time this news
page is first loaded.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can make this functionality work? I
was thinking data grid, but how would I randomize which article is displayed
when the control is frist loaded?

As always, your help is much appreciated

Curt_C [MVP]

tperri said:
I've been given several articles that include text and a picture that I need
to place into a web control. This web control will be displayed on a news
page. I only want to display one article at a time. At the bottom of each
article I need to have a previous button (if applicable) and a next button.
Also, I don't want to always display the same article every time this news
page is first loaded.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can make this functionality work? I
was thinking data grid, but how would I randomize which article is displayed
when the control is frist loaded?

As always, your help is much appreciated

Just as a side note... if its "random" you can get repeats.....

Beyond that, you will need to log the articles hit. To get a random
first one, gather the IDs from the articles and look at the functions in
the framework for generating a random number....