    can anyone tell me what is the connection string ?

    thanks,
    Tee
    Tee, Nov 21, 2003

  2. You don't need write access to c:\, to use DSN-less connection strings.

    To see sample connection strings, try
    www.connectionstrings.com

    eg,
    "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=\dbdir\dbfile.mdb;User
    Id=whatever;Password=testdb;"

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Nov 21, 2003

  3. Tee

    Tee Guest

    I know about DNS less connection string ... but now the problem is the
    database folder is not inside the wwwroot ...
    if I really have to get to that folder, I must use ../db/dbfile.mdb ...
    but now another problem comes, I cannot exit the top root by using ../ ...
    and if I place the database inside my wwwroot folder, I don't have write
    access. I need write data to the database as well.

    Thanks,
    Tee

    Tee, Nov 21, 2003
  4. can you not use string manipulation to build the proper folder name?
    or Server.MapPath()
    or ..

    Your hoster maybe has a FAQ somewhere illustrating how to do this on that
    site?
    -D

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Nov 21, 2003
  5. Tee

    Tee Guest

    I am using server.MapPath ... and it really dont let me exit the root by
    using ../ ...

    as now the the db folder & wwwroot folder are on the same level ... sorry if
    you couldn't understand what I meant ...

    it is, when I ftp login, I see 2 folder, wwwroot & db ...
    so I cannot exit wwwroot and read data in db folder by using ../db/data.mdb

    please help ...

    thanks.

    Tee, Nov 22, 2003
  6. If you are using the 1.1 version of the framework, then in help look up OBDC
    Data Sources then Connections. I think this will tell you how to do want
    you to do.

    If you are using the 1.0 framework, you will have to download the ODBC .Net
    Data provider from Microsoft at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/netdevframework.asp

    William LaMartin, Nov 22, 2003
  7. All you need to do is find out the absolute file path the the .mdb file and
    use that. Ask your hosting service if you don't know it.

    --
    Kevin Spencer
    ..Net Developer

    Kevin Spencer, Nov 22, 2003
  8. That should have read ODBC Data Sources

    William LaMartin, Nov 23, 2003