    networking or networking protocols or networking design that could be
    done over the course of 4-9 weeks?
    Thanks!
    jaialai technology, Feb 5, 2007

  2. jaialai technology

    Patrick May Guest

    "jaialai technology" <> writes:
    > This is for a class. Can anyone recommend a nice project that
    > involves networking or networking protocols or networking design
    > that could be done over the course of 4-9 weeks?

    Depending on the level of the class, you might want to consider
    implementing a compute grid using Jini and JavaSpaces
    (http://www.jini.org). You could start with a simple master-worker
    pattern and work up to generic workers executing behavior passed via
    the JavaSpace and sharing interim results.

    Regards,

    Patrick

    S P Engineering, Inc. | Large scale, mission-critical, distributed OO
    Patrick May, Feb 5, 2007

  3. jaialai technology

    Corona4456 Guest

    On Feb 5, 11:51 am, "jaialai technology"
    <> wrote:
    > This is for a class. Can anyone recommend a nice project that involves
    > networking or networking protocols or networking design that could be
    > done over the course of 4-9 weeks?
    > Thanks!

    My project in school was an instant messenger which covers the
    subjects you described.
    Corona4456, Feb 5, 2007
  4. jaialai technology wrote:
    > This is for a class. Can anyone recommend a nice project that involves
    > networking or networking protocols or networking design that could be
    > done over the course of 4-9 weeks?
    > Thanks!

    create the next P2P app; we need another one that the RIAA/MPAA can sue :)
    Brandon McCombs, Feb 6, 2007
  5. jaialai technology

    Sanjay Guest

    jaialai technology wrote:
    > This is for a class. Can anyone recommend a nice project that involves
    > networking or networking protocols or networking design that could be
    > done over the course of 4-9 weeks?
    > Thanks!

    a web/file server
    Sanjay, Feb 7, 2007