Need help for COM running from Web application, but not form .EXE application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JeffQ888@gmail.com, May 23, 2006.

    Can anybody help me to figure out my issue I am currently facing. The
    issuse is we are building a .NET application on top of a third party
    software. Since the software is based on old Microsoft technology ( I
    mean COM), we are using .NET TlbImp utility to wrapper
    COM dlls, then we can use them in a C# application. Anyway, for some
    reason, those new .NET dlls ( I meam after warpping) can only work
    correctly from a Web application. If calling them from a .NET exe
    application (Windows Form app or Window Service app), those dlls will
    not work. The error message is "mscorlib Exception has been thrown by
    the target
    of an invocation.". I am gussing those old COMs relying on Web
    environment, but just can't fingure out how to solve it. It will
    appreciated if anybody can give me some help.

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    , May 23, 2006

  2. The com objects are installed on the local machine (win forms) as well
    as the iis box right?

    Can you create a reference directly to the com object in your win form?

    Richard Brown, May 23, 2006