    --
    s_a_rav
    s_a_ravi's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=61

    s_a_ravi, Apr 20, 2005

  2. s_a_ravi

    Guest

    Browser security is going to keep you from accomplishing this in any
    graceful manner. Writing files directly to the client machine from a
    web application without user interaction is almost impossible these
    days unless you set up a special trust from the browser. Thank
    goodness, because I've had enough trouble with spyware getting on my
    machine even with the tightening security restrictions.

    If you're dealing with Internet Explorer only, I think that you might
    want to look into "HTML Applications" (.hta files) which will enable
    you to place client side scripts that can read and write to the client
    machine. I think that you will need to set up a trust in IE for each
    client to make this work.

    Bill

    , Apr 20, 2005