need help for this project......

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Mihir, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. Mihir

    Mihir Guest

    Hello,
    I am new to XML and PERL and I have a few questions the answers to
    which I need to complete a project. All your time and effort would be
    highly appreciated. I have to make a small HTML page which would take
    in as input the state code, of the 50 states belonging to the Unites
    States of America. After the user enters the two letter code and
    presses the "GO" button, a *.xsd file is parsed to retrieve
    information about the entire state name from the two letter code
    inputted by the user. The *.xsd file has more than 50 states and the
    other states need to be omitted while validation. Then the PERL script
    fetches data from the T-Mobile website about the state inputted by the
    user and makes an XML file from the fetched data. Thus the PERl script
    will scrape data from the T-Mobile web page to an XML file. Till this
    point I cannot use any XML parsers or PERL libraries and all this has
    to be coded using some other logic. The user should then see another
    web page which will have two more links to another pages. One script
    should invoke another page which will have 4 drop down menus each of
    which will become active one by one using Javascript functions and
    then i can retrieve particular information about different places
    (e.g. airport, starbucks etc) choosing different locations and
    different places from the created XML file. For this part I can use
    PERL libararies and PERL DOM. Can someone please help me or guide me
    to a tutorial that tells me the following things:

    (1) Parse through an xsd file and capture information from it. (e.g.
    if user enters "CA" then from xsd file it should make "CA" to
    "California" )

    (2) After CA changes to California send that information to a T-Mobile
    website and fetch all data corresponding to California.

    (3) Make an XML file of only the address and phone number tags from
    the fetched data.

    (4) Tutorials on step 2 and step 3 would be more on Data Scraping...

    (5) Make a webpage having 4 drop down menus but only first one active
    and the others becoming active after a selection is made in the forst
    drop down menu. (implementation usgin JavaScript)

    I highly appreciate all your time and help for this question....
    Thanks a lot ......

    Mihir, Mar 2, 2007

  2. Mihir

    Guest

    On Mar 1, 11:19 pm, "Mihir" <> wrote:
    > All your time and effort would be
    > highly appreciated.
    >
    > (clip)
    >
    > (1) Parse through an xsd file and capture information from it. (e.g.
    > if user enters "CA" then from xsd file it should make "CA" to
    > "California" )
    >
    > (2) After CA changes to California send that information to a T-Mobile
    > website and fetch all data corresponding to California.
    >
    > (3) Make an XML file of only the address and phone number tags from
    > the fetched data.
    >
    > (4) Tutorials on step 2 and step 3 would be more on Data Scraping...
    >
    > (5) Make a webpage having 4 drop down menus but only first one active
    > and the others becoming active after a selection is made in the forst
    > drop down menu. (implementation usgin JavaScript)
    >
    > I highly appreciate all your time and help for this question....
    > Thanks a lot ......

    Who hired you? Seriously, it sounds like you have not the slightest
    clue what to do. First, HTML is off topic here. JavaScript is too. In
    fact, JavaScript in even an HTML newsgroups is off topic. Second, you
    accomplish everything you need to do with Perl and a trip to CPAN (no
    I didnt spell CSPAN wrong). The rest is using your head and reading
    the docs.

    Why should anyone here invest the time and effort in to YOUR project?

    You want guidance? Here:

    http://www.perl.com
    http://www.cpan.org

    That's all.