Need help getting start with a test cgi script.

packat

I installed Perl 6 and am running Apache 2.0.39 on Windows
xp (home edition),

I am trying to get my first cgi script running. First I put
a simple try.cgi in the directory
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin\try.cgi
Then activate a browser pointing to the address

http://localhost/cgi-bin/try.cgi

But I got path cannot be displayed.

The config file has the line ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/
"C:/perl/eg/cgi-bin/"

Can anyone help me find what was wrong?

Thanks very much,
packat

packat

Tad said:
I'm pretty sure that you did not.

Ack! I am sorry, it is perl 5.8.4.
Apache is configured the way it should. Perl works fine
except for the CGI part.

thanks,
pac

Trey Waters

I am trying to get my first cgi script running. First I put
a simple try.cgi in the directory
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin\try.cgi
The config file has the line ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/perl/eg/cgi-bin/"

Can anyone help me find what was wrong?

This question appears to be related to misconfiguring Apache, and should
probably be directed to a group dealing with Apache.

As for your problem:

The above discrepency sticks out for me....I haven't used Apache on Win,
but on Unix the ScriptAlias declaration usually denotes where you put your
CGI scripts; and you stated that you put your CGI script in a different
location than you configured.

Trey Waters (e-mail address removed)
Experience is the worst teacher.
It always gives the test first and the instruction afterward.

packat

Trey said:
This question appears to be related to misconfiguring
Apache, and
should probably be directed to a group dealing with
Apache.

As for your problem:

The above discrepency sticks out for me....I haven't used
Apache on
Win, but on Unix the ScriptAlias declaration usually
denotes where
you put your CGI scripts; and you stated that you put your
CGI script
in a different location than you configured.
\

I did try both SCRIPTALIAS configuration. Also restart
Apache each time.
Well, I also believe hte root cause is probably Apache
config.
Thanks for your comment,
pac