    Thanks!
    bn
    , Feb 4, 2005

  2. DalePres Guest

    Use the C# command line compiler, csc.exe. Here's an article:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../cscomp/html/vcgrfBuildingFromCommandLine.asp

    Hope that helps,

    DalePres
    MCAD, MCDBA, MCSE

    DalePres, Feb 4, 2005

  3. bruce barker Guest

    spawned process from asp.net can not open any windows. did you try the
    /build switch?

    look at nant on sourceforge. also look at cruisecontrol for a prebuilt web
    site to do .net builds.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Lucas Tam Guest

    wrote in news:1107552593.867953.205060
    @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Is there a better
    > way to compile a .NET solution from a separate
    > C# application?

    Take a look at the .NET SDK - there is a free command line compiler
    (CSC.exe).

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
    us/cscomp/html/vcrefCompilerOptions.asp

    VB.NET options:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-
    us/vblr7/html/vaconBuildingFromCommandLine.asp?frame=true

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Feb 5, 2005

    bruce barker wrote:
    > spawned process from asp.net can not open any windows. did you try

    the
    > /build switch?
    >
    > look at nant on sourceforge. also look at cruisecontrol for a

    prebuilt web
    > site to do .net builds.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Thanks for that, Bruce! Yeah, I'm thinking of
    going with CruiseControl.NET and NANT. I'm so
    worn out trying to spawn processes from ASP.NET
    while impersonating a domain account. This looks
    like it does what I want, and I can customize it
    with plug-ins.

    CruiseControl appears to be free. Is that the case?

    bn
    , Feb 7, 2005