    Please, help me, I'm working on a thesis, and I have no more
    time!!!....
    Heeeeelp!!!

    Riccardo Fregonese, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Riccardo Fregonese

    Alan Fitch Guest

    Riccardo Fregonese" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, I'm Ricky, an Italian student in eln eng.
    > I'm working with a Xilinx Spartan3, I've designed a project that
    > calculate a 12bit fft. The core reads data (in serial mode) from the
    > ISSI 1M RAM block, calculates the fft, and then writes the results

    in
    > an other zone of the memory.
    > My problem is to put the initial data into the memory (from my pc)

    and
    > read them at the end, to verify if the fft works!
    > I knew that XESS corp. provides programs for their boards that

    permit
    > to easily download and upload data to/from the RAM, but what about
    > DIGILENT-XILINX boards?
    > Do you know if there's a program that could help me?
    >
    > Please, help me, I'm working on a thesis, and I have no more
    > time!!!....
    > Heeeeelp!!!

    Xilinx have a tool called Data2Mem (I think, it might be Data2Bram)
    which allows you to set the contents of block rams by directly
    manipulating the .bit file

    Alan

    --
    Alan Fitch
    Consultant

    DOULOS - Developing Design Know-how
    VHDL * Verilog * SystemC * Perl * Tcl/Tk * Verification * Project
    Services

    Doulos Ltd. Church Hatch, 22 Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, BH24
    1AW, UK
    Tel: +44 (0)1425 471223 mail:

    Fax: +44 (0)1425 471573 Web:
    http://www.doulos.com

    the
    views of Doulos Ltd., unless specifically stated.

    Alan Fitch, Dec 13, 2004

  3. Hi Ricky,
    i used the configuration PROM of the Digilent board to store my data as
    described in XAPP 694. After startup i copied the content of the serial PROM
    into the SRAM.

    I can mail you the VHDL source of the statemachine for this copy operation.

    Regards

    Thomas

    Thomas Gebauer, Jan 3, 2005