Need help in FrameBased FormAuthentication

Pradeep Sabharwal

Hi,

We developed a frame based .net web application. And using
FormAuthenticaion. Everyting works fine but whn session is timed out then
login page is there in all three frames. How this thing can be avoided. We
tried it using target top, parent but nothing worked for us.....

Please help it is quite urgent....

TIA

weichung[MCSD,MCDBA]

Well, we have experienced same problem and we have solve it using the
following ways.

Sub Session_End(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
Dim sbLogin As New StringBuilder
Dim strURL As String = login.aspx"
sbLogin.Append("<script language='JavaScript'>" & ControlChars.CrLf)
sbLogin.Append("top.location.href=" & strURL & ControlChars.CrLf)
sbLogin.Append("</script>")
Response.Write(sbLogin.ToString)
End Sub

in the Global.aspx.vb

hope it helps.

weichung

Pradeep Sabharwal

Hi

Thanks, code looks nice but its not working for me. I
dont know why might be missing something.
Actually flow is like this. From login page it opens an
application in new browser window without titlebar and
toolbar. And when i m tracing it in SeesionEnd, tht event
is being traced but its not doing anything, both
Response.Write & Server.Transfer is not working. Do u
have ne idea about this.

Thanks

Pradeep