    thanx in advance
    dn

    , Jan 17, 2008

  2. said:

    > hi
    > i am a newbie to image processing and c .i would like to read a jpeg
    > image and collect the pixel values as an array.
    > (in python i can do it using image.getdata() )
    > can someone suggest an API or code that i can use?
    > i have a cygwin installation and i compile my c code using gcc.

    You may well find that libjpeg is already installed on your Cygwin
    installation. Otherwise, well, it's easy enough to Google for. You may
    find http://apodeline.free.fr/DOC/libjpeg/libjpeg.html to be useful, too.

    Please bear in mind that questions about third-party libraries are
    generally considered off-topic here; if you need further help, I suggest
    asking in a group such as comp.os.linux.development.apps - where, at the
    very least, they ought to be able to point you to the most appropriate
    newsgroup.

    Email: -http://www. +rjh@

    Richard Heathfield, Jan 17, 2008

  3. <> wrote in message
    > hi
    > i am a newbie to image processing and c .i would like to read a jpeg
    > image and collect the pixel values as an array.
    > (in python i can do it using image.getdata() )
    > can someone suggest an API or code that i can use?
    > i have a cygwin installation and i compile my c code using gcc.
    > if someone can help pls do
    > thanx in advance
    > dn

    There's one in Basic Algorithms.
    At the moment I haven't made it freely available, however.

    --
    Free games and programming goodies.
    http://www.personal.leeds.ac.uk/~bgy1mm

    Malcolm McLean, Jan 17, 2008

    > You may well find that libjpeg is already installed on your Cygwin
    > installation. Otherwise, well, it's easy enough to Google for. You may
    > find http://apodeline.free.fr/DOC/libjpeg/libjpeg.html to be useful, too.
    >
    > Please bear in mind that questions about third-party libraries are
    > generally considered off-topic here; if you need further help, I suggest
    > asking in a group such as comp.os.linux.development.apps - where, at the
    > very least, they ought to be able to point you to the most appropriate
    > newsgroup.

    thanx !
    also will check the other groups

    dn