Need help locating an ASP.Net control

Patrick Bates

A year or two ago I saw an example on Microsoft's web site of an ASP.Net
data bound control which worked something like this: Define the control,
specify the number of columns you needed a table to be, define the contents
of each table cell, and then bind a datatable to the control. Let's say you
wanted a table to list records in 3 columns, then you would define this
control for 3 columns, bind a datatable of 8 records, and get a table
something like this...

1-2-3
4-5-6
7-8-

There was also an option to rotate the output, so your table looked like:

1-4-7
2-5-8
3-6-

I can't seem to locate this control now though, and I can't see any way to
make the Repeater control work this way.

Any idea what the example I saw could have been? I know it was not from a
third-party though.

Guest

DATALIST control comes to my mind at this point. It has an option to set col
and row views.

HTH

Patrick Bates

Vijay said:
DATALIST control comes to my mind at this point. It has an option to set
col
and row views.

HTH

Ahh, thank you. I couldn't find the parameters for changing it to Table
format or setting the number of columns. Seems they are all prefixed with
"Repeat".