need help on application variables

Guest

Hi,

I need help on the usage of application variables...

Can I populate application variables through my console application and use
them
in my web application....

Are application variables specific to web solutions only..

can anyone provide more info on this?

John Timney \( MVP \)

In short, application variables are specific to a single web application
only and reside in the application state object for that application. You
would not normally load any application variable from a console application.

The preferred approch would be to use web.config to hold your startup
values, or to populate them via global.asax

Read this for some pointers: