    in my web application....

    Are application variables specific to web solutions only..

    can anyone provide more info on this?

    AVL, Mar 15, 2006

  2. Application variables are specific to a particular web application.
    A console application is not a web application so I don't think your
    proposal is likely to work. Of course there is always a way. For example
    the console application could post to a specific web page in the web
    application that will set the application variable.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 15, 2006

  3. AVL

    Prashant Guest

    Application variables can be provided by creating a global module and
    adding attributes as public.. can be able to access through out
    application

    Prashant, Mar 16, 2006
  4. AVL

    Guest

    Hi,

    If you're talking about setting environment variables in you console
    app and accessing them in your web app then I don't see why that is not
    possible.

    If I were to go that route, I'll load the variables back in the webapp
    within Application_Start()
    Something like:

    Sub Application_Start
    'Assuming the console program has set the environment vars MyVariable1
    and
    'MyVariable2
    Application("MyVariable1") =
    Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("MyVariable1")
    Application("MyVariable2") =
    Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("MyVariable2")
    End Sub

    Hope this is another good idea.

    , Mar 20, 2006