need help on application variables

AVL

Hi,

I need help on the usage of application variables...

Can I populate application variables through my console application and use
them
in my web application....

Are application variables specific to web solutions only..

can anyone provide more info on this?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Application variables are specific to a particular web application.
A console application is not a web application so I don't think your
proposal is likely to work. Of course there is always a way. For example
the console application could post to a specific web page in the web
application that will set the application variable.

Prashant

Application variables can be provided by creating a global module and
adding attributes as public.. can be able to access through out
application

CaffieneRush

Hi,

If you're talking about setting environment variables in you console
app and accessing them in your web app then I don't see why that is not
possible.

If I were to go that route, I'll load the variables back in the webapp
within Application_Start()
Something like:

Sub Application_Start
'Assuming the console program has set the environment vars MyVariable1
and
'MyVariable2
Application("MyVariable1") =
Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("MyVariable1")
Application("MyVariable2") =
Environment.GetEnvironmentVariable("MyVariable2")
End Sub

Hope this is another good idea.