Need help on in aspnet_Users table under aspnetdb dabase in SQL Server 2005.

Learner

Hello,
Based on our data model we have a need to create a column
'DealerShipID' in the table aspnet_Users under aspnetdb database for a
demo that we are working on. Hod do I do that? Just create another
column and throw some dummy values? And how do I retrieve these values
into my webform? Is there a property that I can use to retrieve the
DealerShipID column's value? Or just connect to the aspnetdb database
through code behind page like we do with any database to retrieve
values?

Here is a little bit of our current scenario...our scope is only just
to create the users and their authentication so I am only considering
aspnet_Users and aspnet_Membership tables and not any other table in
the aspnetdb database.

When I look at this table these are the columns it has

ApplicationId uniqueidentifier Unchecked
UserId uniqueidentifier Unchecked
UserName nvarchar(256) Unchecked
LoweredUserName nvarchar(256) Unchecked
MobileAlias nvarchar(16) Checked
IsAnonymous bit Unchecked
LastActivityDate datetime Unchecked
Unchecked

User will get authenticated and I get the name of the user logged in
using the Page.User.Identity in asp.net 2.0 webform to display who
logged in.

So now my question , is there a way to pull 'DealerShipID' column
values through a short cut with out having to create a connection to
the aspnetdb database?

Please let me know if you have any hard time to understand what I need.
Please bear with my explanation.
Thanks
-L

Learner

Thanks for the suggestion to read it. I am very curious to know more
about the memberships and roles in asp.net 2.0. Its really cool.

Correct me if my understanding is wrong on what you said.

You mean I cannot I even create a new column and store values into the
new column?

I am fine if I can't access the new columns data through a short cut.
But as long as I could access the new columns data through a
traditional data access methods like through a stored proc or through a
regular SQL and get the columns values.

Can I create a new column and throw some data into it and be able to
access that data through a traditional data access method?

Thanks
-L

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

hi,

sure - you can add more columns to it - and you can use ado to access them.
Or you write your own provider.

But when do you want to add the data? what about if MS changes the schema
in the next SP?

i like roles - i don't like membership - it is not very flexible IMHO

Learner

We have a need to add DealershipID to every User thats is being created
in the aspnetdb database. I am just wondering how do I do that? I mean
we have a Addnewuser control screen and we just keep adding users to
it. What event fires in the code behind when we click on add button so
that we grab the UserIdentity and add / update the DealershipID column
that we created in the aspnet_users?

I am not sure if my above questions (idea) is event correct to handle
this tastk.

Please advise.
Thanks
-L