need help on installing a jar file for maven

narsha

hello guys,

im new to installing jar files etc...

need a help on java. i have a jar file and i need to use maven to
install it. that jar file came with a help file

To run and test the DemoApp example:
* Install Maven
* Install the guiapp-plugin-1.0.jar into the Maven plugins directory.
* From the command line, type:
$ maven guiapp:environment
* You should see a directory in the generated target directory named
"demo-**" where "**" is a version number.
- To run the program type:
$ java -jar demo.jar
- You will see a login prompt. Use "test" for the user name and
"test1" for the password.

these are the instructions in it.

i dont know how to do the second point.

and when we type the command in the third point, it gives build error..
do anyone have idea...

pbsnareshkumar

Dieter Lamberty

[...]

Hi

Simple copy the given jar file to the plugins directory. There should
usualy be a directory named "plugins" in the Maven installation directory.

And of course you will get an error if you ignore number 2 and go
directly from number 1 to 3 (because the jar file is not found...)

Hope that helps
Dieter

narsha

Hi Dieter,

Thank u for replying...

I have copied the jar file to lib dir coz there was no plugins
directory...

Once we run the maven, guiapp:environment , command

it tries to connect to some website and try to download some updated
version but later it tells there is no updated version and it quits
with BUILD error.

Thanks for ur help in advance...

pbsnareshkumar

Dieter Lamberty

Hi Dieter,

Thank u for replying...

I have copied the jar file to lib dir coz there was no plugins
directory...

Once we run the maven, guiapp:environment , command

it tries to connect to some website and try to download some updated
version but later it tells there is no updated version and it quits
with BUILD error.

Thanks for ur help in advance...

pbsnareshkumar

Hi

I've taken a closer look at it and it seems that you need some other
files (e.g. POM). For the "official" plugins at
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/ you have these files and you should be
able to install (copy) them to your plugins directory, which is at
<user.home>/.mv2/repository.

So you need some more files and I guess you missed something. You should
probably ask again where you got your information from. There are
d-haven extensions but because I don't know them I'm afraid I can't help
you.

Good luck
Dieter