Need help on Master Pages.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Learner, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. Learner

    Learner Guest

    Hello ,
    I have a Master page defined with three content place holders.

    one on the left side to provide the links for the site navigation
    one on the top to display who logged in
    and on at the bottom to display the acutal content when a link was
    clicked.

    Now, my client is asking me to provide a link (hide and unhide) some
    where on the page to hide the links part content place holder that
    displays the links on the left side. I checked it but the only option I
    could find was just the visible property of the ContentPlaceHolder. The
    problem with this is we can make it visible or not visible but it still
    occupies the space thats actully being occupied when it was in
    visible=true mode. Client wants to save the space because they want to
    avoid the horizontal scrolling.

    Any ideas on how we can do that?

    Thanks in advance.
    -L

    Learner, Jun 26, 2006

  2. Learner

    clintonG Guest

    I've done this by putting my Panel control in the MasterPage itself and
    ContentPlaceholders into the Panel.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com

    clintonG, Jun 26, 2006

  3. Try setting css rule display:none for the content.

    Eliyahu

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 26, 2006
  4. Learner

    Mark Rae Guest

    "clintonG" <> wrote in message

    > I've done this by putting my Panel control in the MasterPage itself and
    > ContentPlaceholders into the Panel.

    Me too.

    Mark Rae, Jun 26, 2006