    I've a requirement in which I need to show a word document in the web page,
    allow the user to edit the document and then save the document ina
    particular location, How can I acheive in asp.net 1.1? need guidance....

    =?Utf-8?B?QVZM?=, Oct 19, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QVZM?=

    Greg Guest

    Depends on the source of the Word doc. If it is just a doc file
    sitting on the server, then just provide the link to the file, <a
    href="tmp.doc", target="_blank">Word Doc</a> for the user to click on
    which will open the Word doc in a new window of the browser.

    If your doc is stored in a database, then you could stream it out to
    the browser which would also open it the browser. Either way, the user
    will have the ability to edit the doc and save to any available
    location.

    Hope this helps.

    Greg, Oct 19, 2006