Need help on with the 'Create User' link under the 'Security' tab.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Learner, Apr 5, 2006.

  1. Learner

    Learner Guest

    Hello,
    I have a website and I created few users before as per the
    requirement. Now I have a new requirement to add few more users to the
    site.

    So I just launched the ASP.NET web site Admininistration and checked
    the connection and it was ok. But when I click on the 'Create User'
    link under the 'Security' tab its showing
    'An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try
    again.' instead of the interface with the all the texboxes to create a
    new user!

    To my knowledge I don't remember that haven't changed any thing in the
    site.

    Could some one help me whats causing it?

    Thanks
    -L

    Learner, Apr 5, 2006

  2. Learner

    Learner Guest

    Hello,
    OOPs I just looked at the web.config file and the I forgot to mention
    that the aspnetdb database is sitting on our test server where it is
    trying to connect to.
    But at the same time when I tested the connectivity it has no problem.

    Am I missing some thing here?
    -L

    Learner, Apr 5, 2006