Need help Regarding executing select query

Chris ( Val )

That won't help as you can only order numerically ascending or
descending not in the random order pradeep requires. I know of no way to
use SQL to arbitrarily order the resultset. You will need to take the
data returned from the database and order it yourself.

Time for me to go to bed, but I'm pretty sure you
can retain the order you want by using a "CASE WHEN"
statement.

Chris ( Val )

Time for me to go to bed, but I'm pretty sure you
can retain the order you want by using a "CASE WHEN"
statement.

This was the post I mentioned elsethread.
Good job google groups... only 4 days late!

Wojtek

Lew wrote :
Please forgive me. Years of working for the Department of Redundancy
Department have left their mark.

That's ok, I too have had to work with marketing types.