Need help setting up RDA

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Phillip N Rounds, Mar 31, 2006.

  1. I'm trying to use RDA to exchange data between a CF 2.0 app and SQL Server
    2005 ( Developer Edition ), and I guess I really don't know what I'm doing.

    SQL Server 2005 is up and running.

    I've installed SQL CE ( 3.0 ) on my development machine.

    I've configured IIS ( 5.1 ) for RDA as follows:

    Run SqlCE30SetupEn.exe
    Run ConnWiz30 in c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile\Server,
    with the following selections:

    Subscriber: SQL Server CE
    Name: Kept current Server Name
    Configure Directory: New Virtual Directory,
    Call it 'RDA'
    No SSL,
    Anonymous Connection
    Didn't select Virtual Directory used for SQL Server Merge Replication with
    UNC Snapshot

    The install finished with no errors, the virtual directory RDA shows up in
    IIS and as a real subdirectory of c:\PF\MSSqlSrver2005\Server\,
    containing the files __ServerName_RDA & sqlcesa30.dll

    In VS 2005 I have my CE 2.0 application containing the following:

    string dbFile = "\\mydb.sdf";
    string CONN = "DataSource=" + dbFile;
    SqlCeConnection _localDB;
    SqlCeEngine theEngine = new SqlCeEngine( CONN);

    if ( !System.IO.File.Exists( dbFile)
    {
    theEngine.CreateDatabase();
    }

    _localDB = new SqlCeConnection( CONN);
    _localDB.Open();

    string url = " http://MyServer/RDA/sscesa30.dll ";

    SqlCeRemoteDataAccess rda = new SqlCeRemoteDataAccess( url, CONN);
    string RemoteConnectString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data
    Source=MyServer\\Instance;User ID=MyUserID;pwd=MyPassword";
    string pull = "Select * from MyTable";
    rda.Pull(" LocalCopyOfMyTable", pull, RemoteConnectString);

    The last command, rda.Pull(... ) generates an exception, 'An error has
    occurred on the computer running IIS. Try restarting the IIS server' A
    native error, 28022 is also show, though that is simply
    HTTPSTATUSSERVERERROR with the same message.

    Any idea of where I went wrong?

    Thanks

    Phillip N Rounds, Mar 31, 2006

  2. Before you ask, IIS didn't kick an error to the event log.

    Phillip N Rounds, Mar 31, 2006