Need help setting up RDA

Phillip N Rounds

I'm trying to use RDA to exchange data between a CF 2.0 app and SQL Server
2005 ( Developer Edition ), and I guess I really don't know what I'm doing.

SQL Server 2005 is up and running.

I've installed SQL CE ( 3.0 ) on my development machine.

I've configured IIS ( 5.1 ) for RDA as follows:

Run SqlCE30SetupEn.exe
Run ConnWiz30 in c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Mobile\Server,
with the following selections:

Subscriber: SQL Server CE
Name: Kept current Server Name
Configure Directory: New Virtual Directory,
Call it 'RDA'
No SSL,
Anonymous Connection
Didn't select Virtual Directory used for SQL Server Merge Replication with
UNC Snapshot

The install finished with no errors, the virtual directory RDA shows up in
IIS and as a real subdirectory of c:\PF\MSSqlSrver2005\Server\,
containing the files __ServerName_RDA & sqlcesa30.dll

In VS 2005 I have my CE 2.0 application containing the following:

string dbFile = "\\mydb.sdf";
string CONN = "DataSource=" + dbFile;
SqlCeConnection _localDB;
SqlCeEngine theEngine = new SqlCeEngine( CONN);

if ( !System.IO.File.Exists( dbFile)
{
theEngine.CreateDatabase();
}

_localDB = new SqlCeConnection( CONN);
_localDB.Open();

string url = " http://MyServer/RDA/sscesa30.dll ";

SqlCeRemoteDataAccess rda = new SqlCeRemoteDataAccess( url, CONN);
string RemoteConnectString = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data
Source=MyServer\\Instance;User ID=MyUserID;pwd=MyPassword";
string pull = "Select * from MyTable";
rda.Pull(" LocalCopyOfMyTable", pull, RemoteConnectString);

The last command, rda.Pull(... ) generates an exception, 'An error has
occurred on the computer running IIS. Try restarting the IIS server' A
native error, 28022 is also show, though that is simply
HTTPSTATUSSERVERERROR with the same message.

Any idea of where I went wrong?

Thanks