    in an acess database, can ianyone give me some hints or websites with
    related info ?

    thanks in advance

    eddy princen, Nov 23, 2003

  2. eddy princen

    Rory Guest

    Sure, if your website has a MySQL database, you will be able to access this
    database from your PC when you are on-line.
    All you need is the free MyODBC odbc drivers, install & configure them
    (you'll need the IP address, name, username, password of your on-line
    database). Then you can link up the MySQL database to anything on your PC -
    MSAccess or even something a bit more stable...

    The MyODBC drivers are available here: http://www.mysql.com/

    "eddy princen" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, i'm need some help, i want to run a website on a server with an sql
    > database ( that in itself is no problem, i've done this before) but with a
    > possibility to update the sql database with data stored on a local

    harddrive

    Rory, Nov 24, 2003

  3. eddy princen

    eddy princen Guest

    thanks rory, i will surely look into it, but do you have info concerning
    Sql 2000 on the server and msaccess on the desktop or client side ?
    "Rory" <rory> schreef in bericht news:3fc1a7b2@212.67.96.135...

    eddy princen, Nov 24, 2003
  4. eddy princen

    Ken Guest

    If you have Personal Web Server then you can run asp pages on your
    local machine which will be known as http://127.0.0.1 or
    http://localhost.

    You then write an asp page to read from the Access database in your
    machine and then output the required data for insertion into the sql
    database at the remote machine.

    Ken

    Ken, Nov 28, 2003