Need help troubleshooting asp error on XP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Terri, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. Terri

    Terri Guest

    Hi,
    I am experiencing the following error from a particular XP workstation. The
    application has been in production for some time and the error only appears
    on one XP workstation. I have run Windows Update on this workstation. The
    error does not appear on a different XP workstation.

    The error happens when I make a selection from the Category drop-down list.
    The subsequent drop-down list Subcategory should be automatically filtered.

    The error is

    Line:263
    Char: 3
    Error: Object does not support this property or method
    Code: 0

    The code in question is:

    function CategoryChanged()
    {
    var selCat = document.frmService.CategoryID;
    var selSubcat = document.frmService.SubcategoryID;
    var co =
    RSExecute("ProviderServiceRemote.asp","LoadSubcategories",selCat.options[sel
    Cat.selectedIndex].value);
    var aSubcats = co.return_value;
    Clear(selSubcat);
    AddInstructionItem(selSubcat);
    PopulateDropDown(aSubcats,selSubcat);

    // remove index 0 item
    if (selCat.options[0].value == "0")
    selCat.options[0] = null;

    // remove all Keyword items
    Clear(document.frmService.selAllKeywords);
    Clear(document.frmService.selAssocKeywords);
    }

    Line 263 is:

    Clear(document.frmService.selAssocKeywords);

    The LoadSubcategories function is:

    function LoadSubcategories(catid)
    {
    var aSubcats = new Array();

    var strSQL="SELECT * FROM Subcategories WHERE CategoryID = " +
    String(catid) + " ORDER BY Subcategory";
    var rsSubcats = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
    rsSubcats.Open(strSQL,g_strDSN);

    while (! rsSubcats.EOF) {
    var item = new ReturnItem(String(rsSubcats("SubcategoryID")),
    String(rsSubcats("Subcategory")));
    aSubcats[aSubcats.length] = item;
    rsSubcats.MoveNext();
    }

    I've checked the browser options between the working and the non-working
    browser and they are similar. I've set the site as being part of my local
    Intranet and then set the security level to low, but no change. Any help
    would be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Terri

    Terri, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Terri

    Ray at Guest

    Which line is 263?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Terri

    Terri Guest

    Line 263 is:

    Clear(document.frmService.selAssocKeywords);

    When I comment out the last two lines of the function like:

    // Clear(document.frmService.selAllKeywords);
    // Clear(document.frmService.selAssocKeywords);

    I still get the error and the error report still says line 263 which is the
    last line of the function.

    Thanks,
    Terri

    Terri, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Terri

    Ray at Guest

    Are you trying to run this server-side or client-side? That's client-side
    code. Try posting in a client-side group such as .scripting.jscript.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Nov 18, 2003