Need help troubleshooting asp error on XP

Terri

Hi,
I am experiencing the following error from a particular XP workstation. The
application has been in production for some time and the error only appears
on one XP workstation. I have run Windows Update on this workstation. The
error does not appear on a different XP workstation.

The error happens when I make a selection from the Category drop-down list.
The subsequent drop-down list Subcategory should be automatically filtered.

The error is

Line:263
Char: 3
Error: Object does not support this property or method
Code: 0

The code in question is:

function CategoryChanged()
{
var selCat = document.frmService.CategoryID;
var selSubcat = document.frmService.SubcategoryID;
var co =
RSExecute("ProviderServiceRemote.asp","LoadSubcategories",selCat.options[sel
Cat.selectedIndex].value);
var aSubcats = co.return_value;
Clear(selSubcat);
AddInstructionItem(selSubcat);
PopulateDropDown(aSubcats,selSubcat);

// remove index 0 item
if (selCat.options[0].value == "0")
selCat.options[0] = null;

// remove all Keyword items
Clear(document.frmService.selAllKeywords);
Clear(document.frmService.selAssocKeywords);
}

Line 263 is:

Clear(document.frmService.selAssocKeywords);

The LoadSubcategories function is:

function LoadSubcategories(catid)
{
var aSubcats = new Array();

var strSQL="SELECT * FROM Subcategories WHERE CategoryID = " +
String(catid) + " ORDER BY Subcategory";
var rsSubcats = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset");
rsSubcats.Open(strSQL,g_strDSN);

while (! rsSubcats.EOF) {
var item = new ReturnItem(String(rsSubcats("SubcategoryID")),
String(rsSubcats("Subcategory")));
aSubcats[aSubcats.length] = item;
rsSubcats.MoveNext();
}

I've checked the browser options between the working and the non-working
browser and they are similar. I've set the site as being part of my local
Intranet and then set the security level to low, but no change. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Terri

Terri

Line 263 is:

Clear(document.frmService.selAssocKeywords);

When I comment out the last two lines of the function like:

// Clear(document.frmService.selAllKeywords);
// Clear(document.frmService.selAssocKeywords);

I still get the error and the error report still says line 263 which is the
last line of the function.

Thanks,
Terri

Ray at said:
Which line is 263?

Ray at work

Terri said:
[...]

Are you trying to run this server-side or client-side? That's client-side
code. Try posting in a client-side group such as .scripting.jscript.

Ray at work

Terri said:
Line 263 is:

Clear(document.frmService.selAssocKeywords);

When I comment out the last two lines of the function like:

// Clear(document.frmService.selAllKeywords);
// Clear(document.frmService.selAssocKeywords);

I still get the error and the error report still says line 263 which is the
last line of the function.

Thanks,
Terri

Ray at said: