Need help using interfaces to exchange properties between pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by darrel, Jan 21, 2005.

  1. darrel

    darrel Guest

    Thanks to some help from Karl yesterday, I've discovered the use of
    Interfaces to allow usercontrols to communicate information between them
    using the Interface as the 'parent' rather than the aspx class.

    I don't quite understand properties, though. ;o)

    This is what I have thus far:

    I declared a interface:

    Public Interface IGetGlobalPageProperties
    Property ContentID()
    End Interface

    On my page.aspx, I implemented it:

    Property contentID() as object Implements IGetGlobalPageProperties.contentID
    get
    ???
    End Get
    set
    ???
    end set
    End property

    The ??? is where i'm stumped. What I now want to happen is that one of my
    usercontrols is going to set some properties, and that these properties will
    then be read by other usercontrols.

    How do I set the 'contentID' property in the above interface implementation?
    Can the above read the contentID string located in the usercontrol?
    (userControlClass.contentID?)

    -Darrel

    darrel, Jan 21, 2005