Need help - Using Javascript to talk to a remote server

RoyX

Hello -

I am trying to embed JavaScript to an ASP page which will be executed
on the server side and will send a HTTP request from the ASP Web server
another remote server. Then I need to capture the remote server's
response and save it as a string.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

bobzimuta

I am trying to embed JavaScript to an ASP page which will be executed
on the server side and will send a HTTP request from the ASP Web server
another remote server. Then I need to capture the remote server's
response and save it as a string.

If I understand correctly, you want to send an HTTP request from server
to server via javascript? If so, why not just send out an HTTP request
via an ASP server mechanism (socket, SOAP, curl)? That would be the
logical decision, to me.

RoyX

Bob - Thanks for your quick response. You got it right - and I agree
with your recommended way for doing this.

However, we are trying to initiate this communication only when an ASP
page is processed via user input. We are working with 3rd party
software here and dont have much of a choice.

So it would be great if you could provide any guidance.

Thanks again.

bobzimuta

However, we are trying to initiate this communication only when an ASP
page is processed via user input. We are working with 3rd party
software here and dont have much of a choice.

So it would be great if you could provide any guidance.

I really think you'd be better served asking this in an ASP group, as
this is technically server-server communication. There must be some
kind of (lib)curl functionality in ASP, but I have no experience with
that.

I'd suggest analyzing the needs of the communication as best as
possible; there must be some kind of way to get the location (url) you
are trying to access and then initiate the communication via a proper
server-side method. Sorry couldn't be any more help.