Need help w. jsp taglib.

Steve Burrus

I have a certain jsp file called "FirstJsp.jsp", and I seem to get these
compiler error messages indicating that the value in the "c:eek:ut" doesn't
take an argument!!! Now, I really don't know what could be wrong! Here
is my code for it, and I am of course using version 1.1 of the JSTL.

<%-- use the 'taglib' directive to make the JSTL 1.0 core tags available
--%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
<%-- use the 'jsp:useBean' standard action to make the Date object
available in page scope --%>
<jsp:useBean id="date" class="java.util.Date" />
<h2>Here is today's date</h2>
<c:eek:ut value="Date: ${date}" />

And even though this is supposed to be for the 1.0 version of the
JSTL, I have added the "/jsp" after the "/jstl" in that uri, but it
still fails on me.

Abrasive Sponge

Steve said:
I have a certain jsp file called "FirstJsp.jsp", and I seem to get these
compiler error messages indicating that the value in the "c:eek:ut" doesn't
take an argument!!! Now, I really don't know what could be wrong! Here
is my code for it, and I am of course using version 1.1 of the JSTL.

<%-- use the 'taglib' directive to make the JSTL 1.0 core tags available
--%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
<%-- use the 'jsp:useBean' standard action to make the Date object
available in page scope --%>
<jsp:useBean id="date" class="java.util.Date" />
<h2>Here is today's date</h2>
<c:eek:ut value="Date: ${date}" />

And even though this is supposed to be for the 1.0 version of the JSTL,
I have added the "/jsp" after the "/jstl" in that uri, but it still
fails on me.

Try

Date: <c:eek:ut value="${date}" />

Steve Burrus

Try
Date: <c:eek:ut value="${date}" />
Hi "Abrasive Sponge", this is steve Burrus and I just wanted to
quickly report to u that I got the jsp viewed successfully in my browser!!