Need help with a Dynamic Image Generation Service VB 1.1 (similar to 2.0)

moondaddy

I read a great article by Dino Esposito about a control he built to help
generate images dynamically similar to how asp.net 2.0 will do it. His
sample worked in a C# project, but when I tried to write it in VB, it
wouldn't work (and no obvious errors). Its really quite simple (if you know
what u r doing...) and uses only a few lines of code. Attached is the
sample project I've created to model this out.

Here's a link to Dino's article and you can download his code there as a
reference. If this would work, it would be a total awesome and fast way to
deal with dynamic images such as returning thumbnail images after users
submit a photo.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/04/CuttingEdge/

Any help you can offer would be great.

Thanks.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Moondaddy,

Since you met problem when trying to convert the C# generated Image
component to VB.NET. I think we can first try to isolate the problem to a
smaller scope. Have you try adding some break points into the code and
runtime debug the code to see what is the root cause of the problem? I
still think generally the component is surely able to generated by both C#
or VB.NET. Please have a check , if you have any new findings, please feel
free to post here .Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

moondaddy

I did use break points, but there were no errors. Anyway, I found the
problem. See the above post from me. By the way, it looks like my
attachments aren't going through so if anyone wants me to email them a
working sample of this, please let me know. However, I recommend at least
reading Dino's article and getting his code too.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/04/04/CuttingEdge/