Need help with File Upload Permissions

Andrea Williams

i was able to get the file upload to work on Win2k, but when I moved my dev
environment to Win2003, I can't seem to get the permissions to work for
System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(vstrDestinationPath).

I've given the IUSER_machinename Full Access rights on the parent folder and
told it to propagate to the child folders. Also turned off inheritance from
the parent folder. Also the parent has read,write perms in IIS. This
worked on win2k, so what am I missed for Win2003?

andrea

Mark Fitzpatrick

Andrea,
Also look at the ASPNet user account. ASP.Net tends to use it's own
permissions settings over the generic IUSR.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Andrea Williams

Ok, I gave that account full control and restarted IIS... Still access
denied message.
I also gave the ASPNET user account full access to \Windows\TEMP. Didn't
seem to help.

Any other ideas?

Andrea