    www.friendssite.mysite.com/index.html. and does that work the same
    way. Thanks

    Randy
    Rabel, May 23, 2006

  2. Rabel

    ironcorona Guest

    Rabel wrote:

    This is off topic for this group but...

    Both of these things need to be done at the server end.

    > Now I have URL Masking which I think I can use for this, but this is a
    > new area for me. Any help is greatly appriecated -

    You can purchase the domain name www.friendssite.com and have that name
    set up to resolve to www.mysite.com/friendssite/ or whatever you want
    [you could have it set up to resolve to google.com if you REALLY want]
    by setting up a simple HTTP redirect.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/URL_redirection

    If you want what's typed into the address bar to be the url it resolves
    to then check out

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_hosting

    This maps the URL to the hosting files so
    www.mysite.com/friendssite/first_page.html would become
    www.friendsite.com/first_page.html

    > also I was
    > wondering how instead of it being like this
    > www.mysite.com/friendssite/index.html how do you do it like this
    > www.friendssite.mysite.com/index.html.

    For this you'll have to set up a sub domain. You should read your
    hosting company's literature to see if they allow it [they should] and
    how to do it.

    --
    Brian O'Connor (ironcorona)
    ironcorona, May 23, 2006