    http://nickell.tierranet.com

    Thanks,
    Don Nickell
    James O'Riley, May 4, 2006

  2. James O'Riley wrote:
    > I want to put an image on my Web Page but it repeats itself several
    > times. How can I restrict it to the *exact* size of the window? The
    > URL will never be updated so the size should never change. I haven't up
    > this particular image up yet pending a response.
    >
    > http://nickell.tierranet.com

    For stylesheet e.g.
    body {background: #00ff00 url('smiley.gif') no-repeat fixed center;}

    Perhaps you can find what you're looking at
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Edwin's persoonlijke web site
    Edwin van der Vaart, May 4, 2006

  3. James O'Riley

    Ed Mullen Guest

    James O'Riley wrote:
    > I want to put an image on my Web Page but it repeats itself several
    > times. How can I restrict it to the *exact* size of the window? The
    > URL will never be updated so the size should never change. I haven't up
    > this particular image up yet pending a response.
    >
    > http://nickell.tierranet.com
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Don Nickell

    Not clear what you want. Are you talking about the background image?
    If so:
    http://www.google.com/search?num=50&hl=en&lr=&q=body background repeat&btnG=Search

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, May 4, 2006
  4. James O'Riley

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, James O'Riley <James@O'Riley.com>
    vouchsafed:

    > I want to put an image on my Web Page but it repeats itself several
    > times. How can I restrict it to the *exact* size of the window?

    You can't.

    > The URL will never be updated so the size should never change.

    Window size has nothing to do with updating a url.
    The size of my viewport is 1057 x 938. Unless, of course, I change it.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, May 4, 2006
  5. Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    > James O'Riley wrote:
    >> I want to put an image on my Web Page but it repeats itself several
    >> times. How can I restrict it to the *exact* size of the window? The
    >> URL will never be updated so the size should never change. I haven't
    >> up this particular image up yet pending a response.
    >>
    >> http://nickell.tierranet.com

    > For stylesheet e.g.
    > body {background: #00ff00 url('smiley.gif') no-repeat fixed center;}
    >
    > Perhaps you can find what you're looking at
    > http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp

    Thanks Edwin. I've saved the line and will try it when I get a chance.
    James O'Riley, May 5, 2006