Need help with implementing fwdport example from Perl Cookbook

Paul Gillingwater

Hi there,

I am running Tom Christiansen's fwdport from page 637 of the Perl
Cookbook. It seems to run just fine, but as soon as the server closes
its connection (i.e., the one which is being forwarded to), then fwdport
also terminates.

My expected behaviour would be for the fwdport to simply sit there,
accept connections from the inside world, and forward them to the
outside. But it seems to die after the server closes -- with the
message "NOT REACHED" line 24. This suggests that the service_clients
subroutine is not looping indefinitely--and indeed, debugging seems to
show that it doesn't like something -- I see the message
"Bizarre kid 31114 exited 15" in my telnet client while testing.

Any ideas what could be the problem here? Is there another version of
fwdport which behaves as expected? Of course I already Googled for
fwdport, to no avail. Thanks in advance!
--
*********************************
Paul Gillingwater, BA, B.Sc, MBA

E-mail: (e-mail address removed)