need help with line-height

Sophy

Hi,

I'm trying to create a style that will influence line-height of line-feeds
that coded with the <BR> tag.

I've tried defining the <br> tag in the head of the doc with
css/line-height; also of adding an overall line-height attribute to the body
of the doc, but no luck.

is there something I"m missing here?

even tried increatsing the padding of the BR element.

br {
padding-top: 20px;
}

thanks for any hints.

Soph

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit Sophy:
I'm trying to create a style that will influence line-height of
line-feeds that coded with the <BR> tag.

Line feeds are control characters, so they have no line-height. The <BR>
tag, which should normally be avoided, specifies a line break, not any
particular way to achieve that in terms in control characters (line feed vs.
carriage return vs. new line vs. some other representation).
I've tried defining the <br> tag in the head of the doc with
css/line-height; also of adding an overall line-height attribute to
the body of the doc, but no luck.

That was to be expected, due to the facts that I described.
is there something I"m missing here?

Yes, quite a lot. What _we_ are missing is a URL and a description of what
you are really trying to accomplish.
even tried increatsing the padding of the BR element.

br {
padding-top: 20px;
}

This sounds like you are using <BR> instead of paragraph markup. Just use
tell what you'd like to change in the rendering.

ollimax

Jukka said:
Scripsit Sophy:

This sounds like you are using <BR> instead of paragraph markup. Just
use <p>...</p> for a paragraph, mm'kay? If problems remain, post the URL
and tell what you'd like to change in the rendering.

Then define margin-top or margin-bottom properties for your p's.

Olli