need help with making site dynamic.....

Guest

Hi

I am working on a portal that will serve up reporting services reports. The user will have a basic home page and from there will be able to run their reports. As each report is run, I need to be able to add a tab to the form that will link them to the report (which I have within another form in an Iframe) until they decide they want to close the report, at which point I will remove the tab. I was planning on using one webform with an Iframe for the actual report. I will try to change the src of the Iframe as they click through the tabs although I am not sure this is the best approach yet, but can't think of a better one yet given that the app has to be so dynamic. My big problem right now is trying to figure out how to change the height and width of the Iframe that is on the main home page to the height and width of either the form or the Iframe on the report webform. I have posted questios about this before, but have recieved somewhat vague answers and have been chasing my tail trying to write a javascript function that will do this.

Right now I have a function that will work if I hard code the height and width, but fails when I try to set it to the height and width of anything on the report webform. How can I accomplish this? What event can I use that will work? I think part of my problem is that the Iframe src is being set at runtime, but am not sure..... Please help! I'm getting desperate! :

Thanks.

Jason DeFontes

If you're just trying to adjust the iframe size to match the size of the
browser window, I think you might be better off using a regular old
frameset. They can introduce their own problems for navigation and such,
but you get the sizing stuff for free.

-Jason