Need help with multiple Intranets

Gary Contois

Sorry if this is not the proper place for this question but I am looking for
any thoughts on this issue.

We are currently begin to set up 'multiple intranets' at our place. All of
our static content will be replicated out to these other machines from the
main intranet. Also, I am able to have any form to DB apps file directly to
the DBs on the main intranet. The problem I face now is how to update other
data on the main intranet. Many users have form to text file apps which file
to their area on the Intranet. We do not want to set up shares to access the
main machine and I am hoping to find a way to perhaps let these machines
talk to each other. I have some good knowledge of ASP but have not gotten
into anything this advanced.

If anyone has any thoughts or could point me in a direction, it would be
appreciated.

Gary Contois
(e-mail address removed)

Jeff Cochran

Sorry if this is not the proper place for this question but I am looking for
any thoughts on this issue.

We are currently begin to set up 'multiple intranets' at our place. All of
our static content will be replicated out to these other machines from the
main intranet. Also, I am able to have any form to DB apps file directly to
the DBs on the main intranet. The problem I face now is how to update other
data on the main intranet. Many users have form to text file apps which file
to their area on the Intranet. We do not want to set up shares to access the
main machine and I am hoping to find a way to perhaps let these machines
talk to each other. I have some good knowledge of ASP but have not gotten
into anything this advanced.

If anyone has any thoughts or could point me in a direction, it would be
appreciated.

Might look into Sharepoint, but as long as you can provide
connectivity to the systems on port 80, you don't need to "share" them
for an intranet.

Jeff