Need help with mystery error

Don Lancaster

I'm in the process of upgrading the nav on my website.

The work in progress is http://www.tinaja.com/homex1.asp

Central is having JavaScript open new windows on mouseclick.

The "Blogs & What's New" and "GuruGram" now seem functional
and working properly.

But the error console consistently returns...

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.clearUserPref]"
nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame ::
chrome://dotnetassistant/content/bootstrap.js ::
BootStrapDotNetAsssitantExtension :: line 52" data: no]

What am I doing wrong?

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073
Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552
rss: http://www.tinaja.com/whtnu.xml email: (e-mail address removed)

Dr J R Stockton

Sat said:
I'm in the process of upgrading the nav on my website.

The work in progress is http://www.tinaja.com/homex1.asp

Central is having JavaScript open new windows on mouseclick.

The "Blogs & What's New" and "GuruGram" now seem functional
and working properly.

But the error console consistently returns...

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIPrefBranch.clearUserPref]"
nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame ::
chrome://dotnetassistant/content/bootstrap.js :: BootStrapDotNetAsssita
ntExtension :: line 52" data: no]

What am I doing wrong?

You are not saying the exact sequence of operations (if any) that gives
the error.

You are not saying which version of which browser gives you that.

You are not saying what other browsers report - the language is more-or-
less standard, but error messages are not, and the report of another
browser may be more understandable.

You are not saying, here, what is on & near line 52.

You are not saying whether you are testing a local copy directly or
using a server.

And your colour scheme is abominable. The first thing that a reader
will consider is "Can I read this easily?". You so, it seems, preserve
my choice of font face and size - but that is for normal black text on a
light background.

The page is rather large (168kB + 136kB graphics, approx.) for a Home
Page - even in the wealthy USA, there are AIUI many who still use dial-
up.