Need help with Netscape Form Submission..

Discussion in 'HTML' started by thedigitalgod@gmail.com, Oct 21, 2005.

  1. Guest

    All,

    I'm creating an application to mail HTML-based Surveys, and am
    experiencing a problem with Netscape Mail (7.01).

    I build a basic form, using the "post" method, and email that form.
    When it is opened in Netscape Mail, it displays properly (all tags are
    correct, and the code is a full-structured HTML page, with no
    syntactical problems), however when I submit the form from within the
    Mail window, the receiving app is not able to capture the results via
    the response collection (ASP/.NET).

    I have tried using the "get" method on the form, and the results are
    sent to the receiving app via querystring... The problem with this is
    the limitation on the data sent via querystring, and also the fact that
    the results are then visible in the browser's "location" bar.

    Any help is greatly appreciated, and many thanks in advance.

    -MK
    , Oct 21, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > All,
    >
    > I'm creating an application to mail HTML-based Surveys, and am
    > experiencing a problem with Netscape Mail (7.01).
    >
    > I build a basic form, using the "post" method, and email that form.
    > When it is opened in Netscape Mail, it displays properly (all tags are
    > correct, and the code is a full-structured HTML page, with no
    > syntactical problems), however when I submit the form from within the
    > Mail window, the receiving app is not able to capture the results via
    > the response collection (ASP/.NET).
    >
    > I have tried using the "get" method on the form, and the results are
    > sent to the receiving app via querystring... The problem with this is
    > the limitation on the data sent via querystring, and also the fact that
    > the results are then visible in the browser's "location" bar.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated, and many thanks in advance.

    Are you using mailto: as the form's action? Aside from any error you've
    made in your code, you've made a fundamental school boy error in your
    post by not providing a link to the page with which you're having
    trouble. Would you expect a mechanic to fix your car without taking it
    to her?

    --

    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/