Need Help With Random Number Generation Between Upper and Lower Bound

ANM

Can someone recommend some code that I can reuse to generate random
numbers between an upper and lower bound in a range. Essentially, I
am looking for a function that will take in two integers as parameters
and then compute and return a random number that lies between that
range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am aware of the
Math.random method but, want to know if there is something better for
what I am trying to accomplish here for a school project.

Christophe Vanfleteren

ANM said:
Can someone recommend some code that I can reuse to generate random
numbers between an upper and lower bound in a range. Essentially, I
am looking for a function that will take in two integers as parameters
and then compute and return a random number that lies between that
range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am aware of the
Math.random method but, want to know if there is something better for
what I am trying to accomplish here for a school project.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/Random.html#nextInt(int)

Thomas Schodt

ANM said:
/need to/ generate random
numbers between an upper and lower bound in a range. Essentially, I
am looking for a function that will take in two integers as parameters
and then compute and return a random number that lies between that
range.
I am aware of the Math.random method
but want to know if there is something better for
what I am trying to accomplish here for a school project.

Your problem is conceptual.

Try to visualize what happens if you add a fixed offset (lower bound)
to the output of a random number generator method.

Adjust the range you "feed" the random number generator method accordingly.