Need help with transfer function in VHDL

Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I am implementing a control system in VHDL. Now I am facing a couple of problems. For the controller itself, I used two inputs - error and change of error. Now I have to pass the controller output to a plant which has the transfer function of 1/(ks^2+s), where k is a real number.

I don't know how to implement this s-domain transfer function in VHDL. And my supervisor doesn't want me to use any kind of add-ons, I have to implement everything by myself. I thought of converting this s-domain function to z-domain, but then again, I don't know how to code z-domain TF in VHDL either.

And for the second input to the controller, how do I calculate derivative? Is it (e(t)-e(t-1))/T, where T is the sampling period?

I currently have no clue whatsoever. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Ali