    buy.

    Thanks in advance,
    Joe in Florida

    FloridaJoe, Nov 18, 2004

  2. FloridaJoe

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:44:06 -0500, "FloridaJoe"
    <> wrote:

    >I see 2 versions. Visual Studio .net professional and Visual Studio .net
    >Enterprise Developer. Can someone tell me which of these 2 is the best to
    >buy.

    Sure. Knowing nothing about you or your setup though, I can't tell
    you anything that should make you decide. Try looking at Microsoft's
    site for info on both.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Nov 18, 2004

  3. No, I don't think anyone can tell you that, because that all just depends on
    what ~you~ need. Have you checked Microsoft's site to compare the two
    products?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Nov 18, 2004
  4. FloridaJoe

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    If money is no object, then get Enterprise, which includes all of
    Professional features plus more.

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 18, 2004
  5. Well, did you compare the features and cost of the different editions?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/features/default.aspx

    Do you have any idea what you need to do with Visual Studio?

    I see several different versions of the Porsche 911. Can someone tell me
    which is the best to buy?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Nov 18, 2004
  6. FloridaJoe

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    The most expensive one. Sheesh Aaron...like duh!

    Jeff Dillon, Nov 18, 2004
  7. FloridaJoe

    Paxton Guest

    > Well, did you compare the features and cost of the different editions?
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/features/default.aspx
    >
    > Do you have any idea what you need to do with Visual Studio?
    >
    > I see several different versions of the Porsche 911. Can someone tell me
    > which is the best to buy?
    >
    > --
    > http://www.aspfaq.com/
    > (Reverse address to reply.)

    My wife says you should buy the red one.

    Paxton, Nov 18, 2004
  8. FloridaJoe

    G Guest

    MSDN works out cheaper. You get all the server/platforms/sdks for pretty
    much the same price of Visual Studio.

    Also, if you're developing a product on the MS platform, they do all sorts
    of cheap deals for partners. You have to prove your bona-fides though.

    Glenn

    G, Nov 18, 2004
  9. FloridaJoe

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:43:08 -0500, "Aaron [SQL Server MVP]"
    <> wrote:

    >Well, did you compare the features and cost of the different editions?
    >http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/productinfo/features/default.aspx
    >
    >Do you have any idea what you need to do with Visual Studio?
    >
    >I see several different versions of the Porsche 911. Can someone tell me
    >which is the best to buy?

    The one the bank will give you a loan on... :)

    Which for me might be the 1/24th scale one at the toy store... :(

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Nov 18, 2004